Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Is there life after death?

While eating breakfast with a group of men at a prayer breakfast a young waitress asked me if there was life after death. She said she had been worrying about it and could I give her some help. That was like saying sickem' to a bull dog for a Baptist preacher. She is a sweet young girl with two children and I have known her as our waitress for some time. I shared with her that there is a life after death and this is how you prepare for it.
Sir Michael Faraday was a great Christian scientist and as he lay dying a newspaper reporter said to him, "Sir Faraday, knowing that you are about to pass into eternity, what are your speculations about the great beyond?"
With a glow on his face he said to the reporter, "I know nothing about speculation, sir, my hope is built upon him. 'I know whom I hve believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.'
When I stand in the presence of death as I have done so many times I am not interested in speculation or in guesswork. I want some word of assurance about the life beyond that I can share with the family.
God gives us great assurance when Paul writes in II Corinthians 5: 1-8, "For we know that, if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." My friend eternal life is promised to all who accept Jesus Christ into their heart to be LORD and Savior. We shall live again and it will be eternal life in heaven with our Lord and Master. Praise Him throughout eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment